LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Courtexperience   12 November 2016

Handle my dv case without a lawyer in sessions court -appeal

Can I  argue / handle the entire proceedings of my Domestice Violence Case all by myself in Sessions Court as Party in Person without a Lawyer where appeal is going on now?

My Advocate has filed a Vakalat but I feel that she is not commited to my case. My case is stuck at enquiry stage for the past 6 months in Session Court. What is the procedure to remove her from this case and argue my case entirely as I am the aggreived person in this. The Respondent husband has file this appeal in Sessions Court and I would like to handle this case without a lawyer from now on. I would like to know the following

1) Please suggest if there is provission for handling my case entirely as Party in Person in Domestic Violence case in Sessions Court where the appeal case is going on now

2)what I should do to let the judge know that I want to do everything by myself from now without a lawyer. 

3)Please advise on procedures that I should follow to appear and handle this case all  by myself

Learning

6 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     12 November 2016

Court experiance

Advocate is friend of court.

From your name it indicate that u can have more experiance of court.

First take NOC from the lawyer then u can proceed accordingly.

Flat no 11, 3rd floor, Vishal enclave, Near durga sai Mandir, Road no 11, Near water tank, Pune 411032.

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     12 November 2016

Court experiance

Advocate is friend of court.

From your name it indicate that u can have more experiance of court.

First take NOC from the lawyer then u can proceed accordingly.

Flat no 11, 3rd floor, Vishal enclave, Near durga sai Mandir, Road no 11, Near water tank, Pune 411032.

Sachin (N.A)     12 November 2016

Yes, you can persue your case as party in person,

I always encourage every one to represent herself/ himself in his/her own case.

There is no specific procedure to follow for the same as it is your constitutional right to do so. I am appearing as party in person for so many years but no court has asked me anything in writing. but if you want, you can file an application for the same

Please find the attachment of application for the same:

Attached File : 363811 20161112141050 910486173 application for self representation.docx downloaded: 135 times

(Guest)
Are u seeking permission? You just clear dues of ur advocate and take back case papers along with noc. Wishing you good luck with ur case. You may take my number in case you need any help in preparing written argument.

aggrieved person   20 July 2017

oJust file a memo in the court that u want to present ur case by itself as the entrusted adv. is not cooperating with u. NO NEED OF NOC if u want to appear P-I-P. If the adv. doesn't handover u back the case papers when u ask, u 've every right to complaint to the concerned court and the concerned bar council also. U 'll get back ur cases papers, if any. This is my personal exp.

But, just to end, I would definitely like to quote that courts have become slaves of their own rules and anybody appearing P-I-P will be looked down by the bench and u 'll not be benefitted in adversaries. This is also my personal exp. So, when u take a decision, think twice. 

NOTE: We are running a forum by name 'Party in Person' in whatsapp group to share our exp.. If anybody wants to join, just send ur no. to 7306685393. Valid and forum respecting discussion is only allowed.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     20 July 2017

In these days of internet when laws and judgments are available on the internet, you go ahead, if you feel competent.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register