LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sheila (nil)     17 June 2013

Had done registry marriage 2 years before now need divorce


i am really helpless now need some advice, i had done a registry marriage 2 years before against my parents will, none of teh families knows about the registry marriage till date, we wre staying in our own houses with our parents they are still not aware of it, after a year of registry i have no clue where my partner is he is missing, even his parents doesnt know where is he, i am really help less, past 4 months i met a person of my parenst choice and tehy want us to get married within this year but i have alreday done a registry marriage before and i dont knwo how to get a divorce because my partner is not available i donot know about his where abouts.

I want to know that if go for a 2nd registry marriage without getting that divorce as the partner isnt available 

and no one knows yet about my 1st registry with that person so when my parents apply for the registry marriage now will my 1st registry be coming infront of everyone? i am really upset please help


 3 Replies

RAHUL KANSAL 9041629676 (ADVOCATE)     17 June 2013

hi sheela, you need to file a simple divorce petition in the court and if your partner is not available at the moment then you will get exparate divorce from there .

Prashant Ghai (Advocate) (     17 June 2013

Why don't you contact the local police and register an FIR regarding the fact that he is missing since 1 yr, maybe they will be able to locate him which may help you to know why he left you.


If everything fails, you can file a divorce petition on the ground of desertion.

Reformist !!! (Other)     18 June 2013

better is to file divorce petition.......u will get it exparty if the other party is missing

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register