LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil Jain   30 May 2024

Guidelines issued by the govt to prevent issuance of manipulated valuation certificate of backdate

I want to file RTI application in respect of jewellery valuation certificate attached by my wife . 
1) RTI application to submitted before 
Directorate of Registration and stamp Revenue 
Fortuna Tower
23A, N.S Road
Kolkata -700001
2) Information required are 
a) Procedure required to be followed by a valuer authorised by govt before issuing jewellery valuation certificate of Rs.7.5 lacs 
b) Whether the authorised valuer need to report and submit details of such certificate issued 
c) What are the necessary precautionary rules / guidelines framed to stop issue of  fraudulent certificate in back date . d) Is Jagdamba jeweler your authorised jewellery valuer

please advice /suggest /review


 6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 May 2024

You can wirte down the details in a white paper, affix proper stamp and send the letter under RTI act by registered post or even by email to the concerned PIO and await their reply

Anil Jain   30 May 2024

I would appreciate if the questionaire drafted  is proper 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     31 May 2024

You can engage the services of an advocate on the terms of the chosen advocate for availing such services viz., drafting or any other matter. 

Anil Jain   31 May 2024

Does she need to disclose her weath of jewellery worth Rs.7.5 lacs as per valuation certificate in her ITR for the year 2005-2006 . The valuation certificate is of Rs.7.5 lacs issued in the year 2005.

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 June 2024

What are the facts? What is the context?

RTI Act is of no application in respect of private and personal information, evn if availble with Public Authorities. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 June 2024

The ITR you are mentioning about pertains to the year 2005, which cannot be disputed now at this stage.

However without knowing the subject matter properly any advice rendered would be a misguidance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register