Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shaik (business)     17 February 2021

Guardian consent after attaining age 18 years for mutation

Dear Sir

In 1980 my Grand father purchased agriculture land in my name and mentioned in the 
registered document and put my mother as guardian when I was 1 year old.
Till date land patta pass book is in my mother name(Guardian).
when I asked VRO for name change he requested me to get the consent of my mother 
 and bring her in VRO office for verification.

My mother (Guardian) not willing to come to VRO office as she intend to hand over 
the property to my sister only.
I wish to know, 
1)Is it necessary to get the consent of guardian for mutation after attaining major. and 
2)what documents I need to produce to VRO or MRO for mutation instead of getting my mothers consent.

Many thanks.

Learning

5 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     18 February 2021

You are as on date is a Major and can handle the matters independently. Your Mother need not sign any of the papers. You may approach the VRO and explain the legal position and produce your Birth Certificate to show your date of birth and prove that you are not a minor anymore.

Shaik (business)     18 February 2021

land regd doc dated 1978 but in all my certificates dob year is 1979 including aadhaar or tenth marks.
will it cause problem.?
is it just enough to prove that I am major.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     18 February 2021

I don't think it creates any problem, since whichever date is taken,  you are no longer a Minor. Produce Aadhar Card which has wider acceptability across the country and get the matter resolved.

Further, your Mother has no right whatsoever to bequeath a property purchased in your name by yor Grand Father, and she happened to be a mere Guardian as you were Minor when the property was purchased.

Shaik (business)     05 March 2021

if minor property not sold to others, then with in how many years after becoming major one can claim his property? is there any limitation of years.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     29 April 2021

your birth record and other records stand in only 1979 . then the land purchased in your of 1978 in your  name is questioned . Better to seek local advocate advise with submission of all records and act accordingly

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register