LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akshay   22 March 2020

Gross negligence


Actually my friend's wife is 8 month pregnant and she was admitted in a reputed hospital in Delhi. Doctor at the hospital premises gave her wrong medicine (cancer medicine). Now, please tell me what action should we take. 

Thanks in advance


 4 Replies

Shaktika Malhotra   22 March 2020

You can file a case against the doctor as it's a case of medical negligence.
If your doctor prescribes you the wrong medication and it ends up causing you harm, you could have a valid claim for medical malpractice/negligence.

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     22 March 2020

It's a matter of gross negligence, file a formal complaint against the doctor and the hospital and send a copy of the same to the MCI,


Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     22 March 2020

You can also file a compensation case in the concerned District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     22 March 2020

before initiating any legal action, collect relevant evidence to prove your case

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query