LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mustafa Attarwala   13 February 2020

Gratuity query

I worked in Admin department in an nonaided ICSE school in Mumbai for 20 yrs and have recently resigned 3 months back. My school has still not setelled my gratuity amount. My query is as teachers are eligible for gratuity same way is non teaching staff eligible. What should I do and what procedure should I adopt

Learning

8 Replies

Akshay (Advocate)     13 February 2020

Hi 

Thank you for asking this question

I have gone through your query link am attatching  follow this link you will get  your answer

Link:-https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/teachers-are-entitled-to-gratuity-says-supreme-court/story-PYKtE9wK52oyBQihSVhMVO.html

Hope this will help you

Best regards

Akshay  Gupta

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     13 February 2020

Dear teacher if your gratuity is still not stelled you can approach to labour court.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     13 February 2020

1. You are working as a "Admin Staff" and not working as a "Teacher"

2. Your establishment /School is a "non-aided" school, in Maharashtra.

3. IRRESPECTIVE of the above you as a "employee" ARE entitled to Gratuity and on failure by School to pay gratutity you can contest the same before the local labour commissioner's office and also file a grievance complaint to the ward Education Inspector /officer, regading the school  malpractices, alongwith the Audited Balance Sheet of the School Establishment.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Joy Bose   13 February 2020

Hello,
Anyone who retired on or after 03.04.1997, then they will be entitled for gratuity. The Supreme Court in a case during March 2019, expanded the definition of "employee" and included teachers in it.

Thanks and regards.
Joy Bose

Hello,
Anyone who retired on or after 03.04.1997, then they will be entitled for gratuity. The Supreme Court in a case during March 2019, expanded the definition of "employee" and included teachers in it.

Thanks and regards.
Joy Bose

Hello,

Thanks and regards.
Joy Bose

Hello,

Thanks and regards.
Joy Bose

Hello,

Thanks and regards.
Joy Bose

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register