LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar V (Product Manager)     03 March 2010

Gratuity Payments and other Payouts of Deceased

My mother expired in the year 2005 and was working in Punjab Govt. Department since 1982.The time she expired a vigilance case was pending against her for which once the judgement came against her in the year 2000, against which the case was filed/appealed at higher court. In the whole tenure since her joining to the Dept. she was not suspended for even a single day and was serving to Punjab Govt. the day she expired. but the Gratuity/PF/Pension and other payouts which are normally given the legal hire of the deceased are still not paid. Kindly suggest whether the department at their own discrition can hold the same or is there any law pertaining to this to hold all the payouts of deceased if any such case/judgement of court is pending the time of demise of an employee. Kindly suggest.. how i can file a case from our side to get all the dues..????

Learning

2 Replies

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     03 March 2010

it is posted and replied under Experts Section

Kumar V (Product Manager)     03 March 2010

Thanx sir.... but just a thing i would like to knw...

as i mentioned earlier in query that once judgement of the lower court was against the employee for which later the appeal was lodged in higher court.... will that make any difference to what you said above..???

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register