Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rinki (Admin Manager)     27 December 2013

Gratuity claim/eligibility

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have one quick question. I joined the company on 08/09/08 and resigned by the end of July'13 but served my services till 12/09/13 (last working day) 

Am I eligible for gratuity?

Regards

Rinki

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 December 2013

Refer to: Payment of Gratuity Act 1972: Sec: 2A............, 7...........

If the establishment works 5/6 days/week and you have worked 190/240 days in 5th year you shall be eligible.

The employer on its own must supply notice of determination Gratuity to employee with a copy to Controlling Authority of Gratuity.

You may submit FormI under proper acknowledgment.

The employer must pay Gratuity within 1 month or employee shall be eligible for interest for the delayed period which may be @10%pa.

The properly informed employees may demand to provide the copy of payment certificate issued by LIC/FI/any other institution managing the Gratuity Fund and whole payment employer has received from the institution managing the Gratuity Fund.

Even if the amount payable as per formula of calculation of Gratuity is less than amount received from LIC etc..........., employer should pay whole amount accrued in Gratuity a/c of employee.

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     27 December 2013

You have completed five years of service and have become eligible for gratuity. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register