LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

diganta (advocate)     29 May 2010

Gratuity Amendment Act, 2010

I have retired on 28.02.2010 from a PSU under Ministry of Defence. Am I eligible to get the enhanced limit of Gratuity of Rs.10,00,000/-.

Learning

7 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     30 May 2010

The amendment act recently enacted/passed in May 10 is for the private sector. For Public Sector, the amendment was passed in 2009 itself and hence you should be eligible for the enhanced gratuity,

vasudevan

SHARAD CHANDRA DANEJ (Asstt. Manager)     30 May 2010

Mr. V Vasudevan,

Please let me know if I am eligible for recent enhancement of gratuity amendment bill 2010 which is effective from 24.5.2010. I retd from SBI on 31.3.2010. If MrDiganta is eligible then I think I should also be. Whats your opinion.

S  C  DANEJ

SHARAD CHANDRA DANEJ (Asstt. Manager)     01 June 2010

The Union Govt.has taken up the Gratuity amendment bill (enhancing the gratuity payment from Rs.3.5 lakhs to Rs.10 lakhs) now very lately and it ought to have had it as soon the 6th Pay commission Recommendations have been implemented i.e. from 1-1-2006 in Central Govt.Depts etc., But now the Hon’ble Minister is refusing during the debate at Rajya Sabha on 5th May,2010 to give effect of the amendment from 1-1-2006. Where is justice? What will be the position of the retirees from Central and State PSUs etc.,(those who follow the Gratuity Act) after 1-1-2006 to the date of passing the amendment bill? These people should not be penalized for the delayed action of the Govt. I request all the adversely affected pensioners to write to Rajyasabha Petition Committee for review the effective date from 24.5.2010 to 1.1.2006. S C DANEJ

R.VENKATASUBRAMANIAN (HGA)     19 June 2010

what is the remedy to apple to govt to get the enhanced gratuity as given to govt employees. i think keeping quiet will not the problem

R.VENKATASUBRAMANIAN (HGA)     20 June 2010

please make correction in my typing (keeping quiet will not solve the problem)

Priya Brata Chakrabarti (Pensioner)     03 July 2010

Originally posted by :SHARAD CHANDRA DANEJ
" The Union Govt.has taken up the Gratuity amendment bill (enhancing the gratuity payment from Rs.3.5 lakhs to Rs.10 lakhs) now very lately and it ought to have had it as soon the 6th Pay commission Recommendations have been implemented i.e. from 1-1-2006 in Central Govt.Depts etc., But now the Hon’ble Minister is refusing during the debate at Rajya Sabha on 5th May,2010 to give effect of the amendment from 1-1-2006. Where is justice? What will be the position of the retirees from Central and State PSUs etc.,(those who follow the Gratuity Act) after 1-1-2006 to the date of passing the amendment bill? These people should not be penalized for the delayed action of the Govt.

I request all the adversely affected pensioners to write to Rajyasabha Petition Committee for review the effective date from 24.5.2010 to 1.1.2006.

S C DANEJ
"

R.VENKATASUBRAMANIAN (HGA)     06 July 2010

MR V VASUDEVAN

I have retired on 28/ 02/2010 from PSU(LIC OF INDIA under Ministry of finance. If Mr Diganta is eligible for enhanced GRATUITY then I think I should aiso be whats your opinion

R.VENKATASUBRAMANIAN 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register