LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh Kumar (Senior software engineer)     05 November 2014

Gratuity

I have been working with a private organisation since 1st Dec 2009. Will i be eligible for gratuity if i submit my resignation today.?I have a notice period of 2 months, and hence will be serving till the first week of Jan'2015.

Kindly respond at the earliest.

Thanks in advance!

Learning

4 Replies

Anil Upadhyay (Lawyer)     05 November 2014

You will be eligible ..

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 November 2014

According to Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 & Rules, an employee is eligible for getting gratuity after the completion of five years in a organization. On the other hands, if a worker have worked for 240 days a year is complete. It is not the matter whether a six working days in aweek or 5 working days in a week. In my opinion after the completion of period of five years you will be entitled for getting the benefit of gratuity, wether you work any more or not.

Ramesh Kumar (Senior software engineer)     05 November 2014

"He/she rendered the continuous service for five or more than five years on the termination of his employment.

On his resignation or retirement;"

Reading this, i thought 5 years should be done even before i resign.

Thanks for the clarification :)

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 November 2014

Clear case of 5Y of service. You're eligible and can submit Form I one month before last day in office of course under proper acknowledgment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register