Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

smidsa (officer)     30 August 2012

Granfather not willing to pass on property to daughters!

Please could someone help me with this. My grandfather has seven children 4 girls (including my mom) and three boys. He has 2.5 acres of land which was passed on to him from his father(i.e my great grandfather) and 2.5 acres which he bought himself, so 5 acres in all.. He now says that he wants to make a will and give the preperty only to the sons. What can we do so that each of the children receive an equal share in the property. We live in Mumbai and my grandafter is in Kerala and most of my mom;s brothers and sisters are abroad. Also, if we do not take any action immediately, and he passes away , making the will only in the sons' names, can we still fight for the property after his death? Also how long do such cases take to get resolved and during the case , is a stay order put on the property?

Thank you in advance.

Learning

1 Replies

ABHIJEET PARIKH (Bcom LLB MBA)     30 August 2012

In 2.5 acres of land which is inherited from your great grand father by your great father can only inherited by you as it is ancerstoral property

the rest 2.5 acre ur grand father can dispose of to any one as it is self earned property

For ancestoral property ur NOC will be required before transfering to Sons

regards

Abhijeet

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register