Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

san (engineer)     01 April 2016

Grandmother harassing my mom for money

Hi

My grandmother(Mom's mom) filed a case in police stn that "my mother took her properties 20years ago.Her sons sent her out because of that and is asking my mother ,through CI of police ,for money for her needs"

Actually my grandfather(mom's father sold his house 20years ago to my parents and registered as a gift deed.Grandma is using that gift deed logic and telling police that she gave it for free.I registered that house on my name (sale deed from my mom) in 2012.So the house is noway related to my mom now.

CI called few times and is asking to give some money to grandma in a rude way.Grandma has lot of properties and still need my mom money.Please let me know how  can my mom deal this situation and protect herself? Is there any rule that police or grandma  can ask money?

Thanks

San

Learning

3 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     01 April 2016

once after she had given the property in way of gift she cant reverse it nor challenge it as the limitation period is over 

san (engineer)     01 April 2016

She is asking to provide her maintenance money(Ex: 2laks) for rest of life even though she has properties in crores of rupees.Does she have right to ask maintenance money only to my mom even though she has 2 sons and 3 other daughters?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 April 2016

The claim by your grandmother is unreasonable, unjustified and beyond any logic.

She cannot claim a relief based on the gift deed executed by her husband, moreover at this stage, she cannot raise a question about  maintenance in lieu of the gift deed executed long back.

She cannot make a claim from your mother alone, she has to seek maintenance from all children equally provided she is not having any source of income. 

If she possess property and derives income from it, she will not be eligible for maintenance from her children too. 

If the police is putting more pressure, make a complaint against them with the higher police official for demanding bribe to settle this complaint, then the  police will keep away from this illegal demand.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register