Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

charu (engineer)     10 October 2012

Grandfather earned property rights

Hi Experts,

my Grandfather bought one house (with his earn money) ,my Grandfahter ,Father and Mother was expired .We are staying in the house now I want to Sell/Development purpose  the house .Is it my Family(means my wife and son(just recently he got 18 years) sign is required.

my family(my wife)  is not allowing to give development purpose so my GrandFather  property I have only Rights OR my entire Family (means my Wife and Son) have rights in the property as per legal 

plz give me suggeson 

Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     10 October 2012

Your GF has died intestate so it amounts ancestral proerrty.  Your son has got share in the property.

Yogesh Anand (Head- Legal AVP)     10 October 2012

As per section 10 of Hindu Succession Act after the death of your grandfather, your father became the legal heir of all the self aquired property left behind by your grandfather, intestate i.e. without will.  After the death of your father you are the sole successor of class I legal heirs, so the entire ancestral property devolves on you to the exclusion of your wife and son.

charu (engineer)     10 October 2012

Hi Experts

Now I confusied I'm only the Legal person or my Son also will legal rights .

if my son is also having Legal rights can we divde 50:50 share rights  in to the property

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register