LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhil SHETTY   22 May 2021

grand father wants to give 2 lakhs to me

My grand father is having 2lakhs
in post office He wants to give it to me voluntarily without his own intrest I dont have parents .My grand fathers other children are objecting not to give it to me.
Here my question is can i recieve the amount through transfer of amount without gift deed Legally?
please some one suggest me on this?


 15 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     22 May 2021

It is movable and so he can transfer the amount to you, if that cash is his own earning.

Nikhil SHETTY   22 May 2021

he as deposited through his savings during his child hood

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     23 May 2021

No issues and no hurdles in it . you can get it by your own whims and fancy

Nikhil SHETTY   23 May 2021

Thank you respected sirs for your advice

sneha jaiswal   23 May 2021

Hello, Greetings of the day!
For the query you posted, I would suggest that: 
Yes, you can receive the amount through the transfer of amount without gift deed Legally as it is movable in nature and his own earning which he had deposited through his savings during his childhood, he can give to anyone by his own whims and fancy. No issues with it.
For better guidance, I will suggest you consult a prudent lawyer.
Hope it helps
Sneha Jaiswal

Law Student

Ghazala Rahman (advocate)     23 May 2021

get in writing from g.father that he is gifing you this amount out of natural love.

Nikhil SHETTY   23 May 2021

Rahman sir,
how to make a gift deed for 2lakh is registeration process necessary for gift deed and witness compulsory for this?

Ghazala Rahman (advocate)     23 May 2021

when a document is written out of love for a movable propeety only sweet consent , intention of giver is to be shown by writing ...for satisfaction of other famiky members. Best of luck for you.

Nikhil SHETTY   23 May 2021

sir my is should i be i.make registration in sub register office( 2 lakh amount ) for movable property if their is an objection from other party.?

Ghazala Rahman (advocate)     25 May 2021

1. Under Registraton act 1908 every property if Gifted , theough a non testamntory intrument more than the value of Rs 100 shall liable to be registered, before Registrar office. In above case Registration is must.
2. You should also consult your local advocate .

Krushalkumar Sheladiya (Advocate)     25 May 2021

This is not a big deal, you can make money through a bank transfer. A gift deed is not required. 

Nikhil SHETTY   26 May 2021

Is this followed in karnataka,without making gift deed for movable property?

Krushalkumar Sheladiya (Advocate)     26 May 2021

Yes, This rule implemented in all of India. Not to worry.

Nikhil SHETTY   26 May 2021

Thank you krushal sir and other experts for your vaulable suggestion

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query