Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Selva (Senior Consultant)     28 January 2013

Grand father property settlement

Dear Sir,

My Grand father was having some land which is of his father's property (ancestral property for me).My father is the only son for my grand father. I am having one elder sister and got married.

14 Years back my Grand father and my father (both signed) wrote a settlement of the property on my name that the entire property is for me.My grand father is passed away 10 years back.

Now, whether my Sister is having the rights on this property?

Please clarify.... We belongs to Hindu religion and from Tamil Nadu ( Coimbatore).

Thanks in advance...

Regards

Selva

Learning

6 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     28 January 2013

Was this settlement deed registered...?

Selva (Senior Consultant)     29 January 2013

Hi,

First of all thanks for your reply.

Yes the settlement deed was registered in the registered office14yrs back itself  with 2 evidences and my grand father was alive at the time of registration.

Regards

Selva

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     29 January 2013

Dear Selva,

Your sister is entitled to 1/3rd share in the property. The other two sharers are your father and your self. Ancestral property must be partitioned. In this case the settlement deed can be enforced, only if your sister gives a relinquishment of her rights . Pl try to settle the issue through mediation.

Selva (Senior Consultant)     30 January 2013

Dear Vishnu,

Thanks for your opinion. My mother, My wife and My son will not get any share if we are partitioning?

Now the Patta and Settlement Will Document is registered on my name. If i sell this property to any boby ( Myself and my father signed )  without knowledge to my sister. For example after an year my sister comes to know that the entire property is sold of, whether she is eligible to get her share on the property sold out??

Please advise to handle this situation, Or else suggest me how can we (me and my father) can save this property from my sister. We have given enough dowries to my sister and becuase of conflicts with my sisted and her family,  we are thinking she may ask for the partition in the property.

Please Advise

Regards

Selva

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     30 January 2013

Dear Selva,

Your mother and your  wife will not get a share.But your son is entitled to a share.

Pl give me a ring  and I will guide you. This is an online forum and it is very difficult to explain how partition of property will take place.

Selva (Senior Consultant)     30 January 2013

Dear Vishnu,

Thank you for your reply. I will call you soon.

Best Regards

Selva

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register