Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

laxu#1971 (Admin)     11 March 2010

Grand daughters claim right over property

Dear,

My friend had bought a property in Maharashtra from 2 sisters, apparently there were 3 sisters but one was died before the purchase of the property. The Died sisters name has never been on the 7/12 document or any documents of the property either.The husband of the dead sister has given a public notice in the newspaper and on stamp paper that he and his daughters do not have rights on the said property and the other 2 sisters were free to sell the property . After this my friend has purchased this property in 1980 - 81. This claim is after 30 years of purchase and my friend is already built a house on this location. 

apparently now in late 2009 the  daughter's  of the died sister are claiming the right of their share.

would appreciate if you can advice

What could happen to our purchased property now? Is there any time limit on when someone can claim their rights after a sale is happened? What all options do we have here in this case?

Learning

2 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     11 March 2010

Sir, I think if one is giving up his/her rights over property, then they have to make one relinquishment deed to that effect. I dont knw whether notice in news papers and a document of stamp paper is enough. If they have not relinquished their rights, then there is every chance that they can claim the property.

Kapil (Advocate (Associate Legal))     11 March 2010

Husband of Late Sisiter almost relinquished his right as a Claimant by way of Public Notice. Another equally IMP thing is that at the time of Purchase of Property name of deceased sister was not on the 7/12 extract which is the main Doc. of ownership/Title. And after 30 yrs by way of Limitation Act, daughters should have been prohibited. Your Tilte is very much Secured.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register