LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna   24 December 2023

Grama kantam land - sale deed / registration completed

I bought a plot in a town in Andhra and registration is completed. I have the sale deed now. But today I saw that survey number in adangal is showing as Gram kantam Land. The previous owner bought it from another owner and I could see it in Encumberance certificate. Does this sale deed give me absolute ownership of the plot?? Will i get a home loan from bank to construct home in this plot??

Learning

2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 December 2023

No problem as Gramakhantam lands other than assigned/poramboke lands can be registered.  

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 December 2023

Grama Kantam means a traditional dwelling area of the village represented by part where there are no survey numbers.

The Gramakantam land is conventionally a smaller piece of open land typically owned by the gram panchayat. It is meant to be utilised from time to time by the villagers in need. The Andhra Pradesh government did not allot any specific survey number to these traditional dwelling areas of the village.

Hence you verify the village revenue records and 1b register to ascertain the status of the land purchased vide registered sale deed and look fo solution to rectify if there are any errors in the revenue records. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register