LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

imran khan (engineer)     04 December 2012

Gpa to sale deed registration

we bought 40×50 land in 1980 ,the previous owner has given my mother gpa rights to sell,construct,transact .he has also given his old mother deed . we have paid betterment charges,taxes to bbmp and also the A khata is registerd in my mothername . i would like to how do i register this to my name , can we do a hiba (special provision for transferring property to chldren under shariat for muslims). the person who gave gpa is dead can his children claim right to this property as this is not registred yet ? 


thanks in advance for answering


 3 Replies

ahmed (document writer)     04 December 2012

dear imran 

                  GPA is invalid if the executant or attorney died in your case you mother was paid the taxes and also entered the name in the khata, as per the records of khata and tax receipt you can proceed for the Gift Settlement Deed (HIBA) in your favour or as your mother like, there is a chances for claiming the right by the childrens of the principal owner because the GPA is not the deed of transfer of title.  

imran khan (engineer)     05 December 2012

ASAW Dear Ahmed,

thanks for the reply , as of now in whose name is the property my mothers or the previous owner and if i do HIBA principal owners will not have any claim?  and also once i do HIBA can i do sale deed registration in future incase i want to sell my property? , once hiba is done the property will be in registerted in my name?


thanks for answering...



Imran khan

imran khan (engineer)     05 December 2012

Can i go for direct sale deed registeration is there any time frame for regsiteration of sale deed in my case?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register