LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lalith Garg (Manager)     28 December 2011

Gpa to gpa registration

Dear Friends,

This matter is little urgent as I have finalised a site, hence seeking your immediate attention.

The problem: (in short)

The said site is now under BBMP (B-khata), no conversion, no approval. SC/ST sold to Mr.A in 1991 through Registered GPA,

All 200 sites were again sold by registering a GPA from Mr.A to 200 people in 1992.

In 1996/97 land owner SC/ST expired.

Mrs.B also bought a site in 1992 from Mr.A through registered GPA.

In 2006 Mrs.B registered the site in her husband Mr.B's name.

the other heirs of deceased SC/ST land lord are also giving 'Declaration letter' on stamp paper to all other site owners by taking Money as consideration.

Now, pls tell me what are the legal complication and remedies should be taken care of.

Pls reply ASAP.


Lalith Garg


 5 Replies

kumar (NIL)     02 January 2012

Hi Lalit,

my concerns in this is as below

1. Does any documents there prior to 1991

2. Does Mr. A has sold all the 200 plots, if yes what is the transaction type (through Registed GPA or else Sale Deeds)

3. Does SC / ST is having any legal heirs, if yes does they given any NOC to Mr. A stating that they are not having any  objection to sell the property.

4. Mrs. B also bought a plot from Mr. A (what is transaction type - through GPA / Sale Deed)

5. Mrs.B registered the site in her husband Mr.B's name  (What is transaction type - Gift Deed / Sale Deed / GPA)

6. Now finally i would like to know you are purchasing the site from whom??????? (from Mr. A / Mrs. B / Mrs. B's husband)


Lalith Garg (Manager)     03 January 2012

Mr.Kumar, thank u for the reply.

Please find the details :

1)Land lord (SC/ST) inherited the property from his father (ancestral). He made a registered GPA in favour of Mr.A, WITH THE PERMISSION OF DC.

2) Mr.A sold all the sites by way of Registered GPA to all.

3) Yes SC/St is having legal heirs, they are signing 'CONSENT LETTER' or 'Deed of Declaration' on stamp paper stating that they have no objection to people seeking it by taking money from them.

4) Mrs.B also brought site by registered GPA in 1992 then she registered sale deed it in her husbands name in 2006.

5) Now, I am purchasing the site from Mr.B, where Mrs.B will also sign.

Land lord (sc/st) has expired and Mr.A is not in the country and not reachable.

Awaiting for your valued reply.




kumar (NIL)     09 January 2012

Dear Lalith,

So there is no document prior to 1991.,.,., Am I Right ....??????????

1. Are you going for any loan for purchasing this property !

2. Mrs. B has purchased the through Registered GPA in 1992  (that means 20 years link doc's available)

3. Mr. Lalith you can go for registration, but be sure that the below documents to be taken

     A. Encumbrance Certificate from 1980 to till date

     B. Property Tax Receipts (if available - Try to take from 1992 or Prior to that)

     C. Declaration Letter from SC/ST or Their Legal Heirs on stamp paper with notarized

     D. If possilble try to take ULC for that specified Survey Number of your property


As per my knowledge with these documents you can go for registration of the property. Meanwhile I request you to take an advocate's suggestiion also for this and one more thing try to pay the total amount to the seller through any cheque / DD transaction.


Thank you.,., Have A Gud Day....

Lalith Garg (Manager)     11 January 2012

Mr.Kumar, Thank you very much for your valuable suggestion.

If there are any further queries will update you.

Thank you once again. 

kumar (NIL)     11 January 2012

You are welcome Mr. Lalith ....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query