LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil (Engineer)     09 May 2011

GPA for Panchayat Site In bangalore

Hi Team,

           This is Anil and i have a query on GPA registration. I have seen a plot (in a layout of 5 years old)  in Avalahalli Bangalore limits. The layout comes under revenue land and with the Khata it have the registration wont happen. I heard from owner that, the registration Khata is not given by panchayat office now.

The Owner / Agent is asking me to go for GPA with the below process:

1) Get the GPA performed on my wife's name from the present owner.

2) When ever the registrations open in the pachayat, i will buy it from my wife with a proper sale deed.

Please clarify me in the below:

1) Whether the above process is legal or do i have any implications on the same?

2) by holding the GPA can i construct the house in the plot?

3) How to restrict the present owner of the plot from revoking the GPA?

Thanks alot in advance.


Anil Kumar Kota

 2 Replies

kumar (NIL)     09 May 2011

Dear Anil,

Have you find out with the Sub Registrar, whether the properties in such layout is getting registered or not. If not find out, first you find the same from the SRO.  I would suggest you to clarify the below from the land owner / some other professionals

1. Does any registrations got happend earlier in the same layout.

2. Is the Layout is got approved from competent authority.

3. Whether the GPA is going to be registered or not ? (find out who is executing the GPA)

4. As per Legal you cann't purchase the property based on GPA and that to from your wife.

I suggest you to take Encumbrance Certificate for last 30 years for the total venture.  And don't for any registration untilunless getting any clarification.

1 Like

Anil (Engineer)     09 May 2011

Hi Kumar,

              Thanks alot for the prompt reply.

1) This is a five years old layout and it is a resale from one of the customer not a direct sale from builder.

This plot got registered in 2005 and at that time registrations are open.

2) To my knowledge the layout is approved from the panchayat.

3) GPA are happening in this area.

4)  ohhh, can't i purchase land from my wife ? I dont want to depend on the seller for the sale deed in future after the registrations are open. I thought of it as an alternative. Any other suggestions in this regards.

5) I will get the EC from the SRO office.



Anil Kumar Kota

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query