IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pratap singh (officer)     19 February 2016

Govt. servent in bigamy

If hindu male Central Govt. employe found guilty of bigamy or live-in-relation when his divorce case is pending. 1. What penalties he has to face being Govt. employee for violating conduct rule. 2. What penalities he has to face under court of law.


 2 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     19 February 2016

The government servant can face departmental inquiry that will lead to dismissal from the service if he is found guilty of the offence of bigamy u/s494, 495 IPC by the competent Court of law and till the finalization of the prosecution in the criminal court and till all the appeals, revision etc. if any have been decided, he can be suspended by the government department.

As far live in relationship is concerned, as that act is not included in the Indian Penal Code as a punishable offence hence no action can be taken by the government for the dismissal of the government employee, however is personal conduct will have bearing on his confidential file that is considered for his promotion and other official facilities.

1 Like

NM (j)     19 February 2016

What will happen if a married WOMEN is a PSU Employee and was in adultereous relationship with another PSU Employee?
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query