LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand Reddy (BUSINESS)     31 October 2009

Govt. Servant has filed a False Affidavit

A Govt. Servant (Class I Officer) has filed a False Affidavit stating false information & facts before the Court in a Regular Civil Suit.

The court has accepted the said affidavit AND in the ORDER mentions & states that the said Officer "is obviously a Senior Bureaucrat & a Govt. Servent. He has no reason to file false affidavit on behalf of th Defendent No.1 & 2" (Government).

From the Order it can be seen that the opinion of the Court has been influenced by the fact that the said Affidavit has been filed by a Senior Govt. Bureaucrat against a Common Man.

I now have documentary  evidence to show that the contentions in the said Affidavit of the Senior Govt. Servant are false and not based on fact & made only to subvert justice.

What kind of process should be initiated now?

Wheather initiating proceedings under Sec 340 (with Sec 195) is the only recourse?

Please HELP!



 2 Replies

Ajay Bansal (Advocate)     20 November 2009


Sandeep Kulshrestha (Advocate)     04 December 2009



file an application before trial court to take appropriate action under section 340 of Cr.P.C. and if court refuses it on the same ground file revision or writ against such order.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query