LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravishankar HY   05 June 2022

Govt made road in my agriculture property

Hello, I'm from Karnataka, I purchased and i own 1 acre 16 gunta land. In that 6 gunta is land kharab. But now government has made full road ( Tar Road which connects villages, not national highway) . That road acquire 90% of my agriculture land. Now how can I get my land back from government.


 5 Replies

Surjit Singh   05 June 2022

first see by which authority the road had been built over your land. If possible find out by filing application under Right to Information Act. When you get the authority give them a notice under section 80 of Code of Civil Procedure asking for monetary compensation giving them time of 15 days or 1 month to respond. If you do not receive any information or you are not satisfied with the reply file a Suit for compensation before Civil Court.
1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 June 2022

The construction could have been carried out only after the land has been acquired through the due process of law.  The posting is silent as to whether the due process has been followed. If not, you may approach the High Court through a Writ Petition.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 June 2022

The road can not be laid to a village with your land alone, and  Govt might have acquired land in a legal manner by following up laid down procedures like notification of acquisition, land required, use of such land, and the land owners, and a village meeting, etc.  You can not deal with Govt alone, make a collective and co-ordinated effort by forming a group and engaging a competent lawyer.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     06 June 2022

Government have acquired the land for public purposes after adopting due process of law and farmer(s) / owners have been duly compensated in terms of Land Acquisition Act, 1894   and/or Section 77 of The Fair Compensation and Transparancy in Land Acquision, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013 which author did not share with experts in present post.

1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     08 June 2022

Government can acquire yoir land for public purpose, even against your wishes, but you are entitle for Fair Compensation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register