Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JusticeSeeker (Manager)     23 September 2011

Goverment bus accident victim claim

Hi,

I was travelling with my wife and 1yr old baby by car.

On the way i had stopped at  a traffic signal behind other vechicles which had already stopped.  A speeding government bus came and crashed into my stationary car from behind, my car was pushed forward into the Tavera car standing in front of me.  Due to the impact my wife and 1yr old baby were thrown from the rear seat to the front and luckly suffered only minor injuries and my car along with the Tavera car was dragged 60 meters.  My car's entire front and back portion had caved in and after coming out of the car I witnessed lot of damage to my car.  I have just raised an FIR against the driver of the government bus. 

Is there an way i can claim for the damage on my car from the government transport department?

Also, while raising the FIR the station writer told me that the penalty for government drivers involved in such accidents is a very paltry sum and moreover the buses do not have any insurance.  So please guide me on how to claim for the damage to my car.

Learning

5 Replies

jeetendra patel (lawyer)     23 September 2011

GET THE DAMAGE TO YOUR CAR SURVEYED THROUGH A SURVEYOR.TAKE A REPORT FROM HIM ASSESSING THE DAMAGE AND APPROXIMATELY EXPENCES REQUIRED. THEN TAKE ALL THE POLICE REPORT ,AND RELEVANT POLICE PAPERS THEN FILE A PETITION IN THE MOTOR ACCIDENT CLAIM TRIBUNAL AGAINST NTHE GOVERNMENT. AND THE INSURANCE COMPANY.

JusticeSeeker (Manager)     23 September 2011

Hi Jitender,

Thanks for your reply. Just have one query from your reply. Which Insurance company should I file petition against? Do Government buses have insurance?

Thanks!

laxminarayana (Advocate)     26 September 2011

Dear JNA

Don’t worry you will get the compensation. First you can engage one senior lawyer and He will guide you.

Nishant Singh (Advocate)     08 October 2011

these buses are not insured. you will have to make Union of India and the concerned transport department plying the buses as respondents

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     27 October 2011

All said and done, I think it is time to have role model verdict in this category. The verdict should essentially get financial compensation for the victim. BUT, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO PUNISH THE GOVERNMENT DRIVER as per the circumstance of the case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register