Upgrad LLM

got ex party divorce, 498a pending

Respected Lawers and Members,

1) First I filed for Divorce in Banglore.

2) After that She filed 498A and DV in Delhi.

3) She also filed for Divorce in Delhi.

She didn't apperead even once in banglore( case dragged on by sending notice, notice and notice from court).

She got the Ex-Party Divorce in delhi.

I have been to CAW cell twice and for mediation as well, but all in vain.  I got the notice bail/AB even before the FIR was filed.

Later on FIR was filed and we met the IO and presented our case to him (around 2 years back). after that nothing happened.

Now new IO has came and calling me and threating me to join investigation. i told him i have already gave my statement to previous IO (all written statement is ther in file). IO has applied for cancellation of notice bail and is in a process of issuing a arrest warrant form court.

Please advice what steps needs to be taken.


Lawyer at Supreme Court of India



You should oppose that cancellation application, stating that u already had joined the investigation as and when it was required. 


Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate

Advocate at Supreme Court of India  



Total likes : 1 times



Defend your case in Delhi court with help of senior lawyer so that your bail is not cancelled. The criminal proceedings u/s 498a etc. IPC will not stop even if divorce granted by the court. You need to be very vigilant and no arguments with Police officials least your criminal case is made difficult for you by them. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x