25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kabir (SE)     27 April 2015

Going abroad with trouble wife and precautions?


No DV, No 498a but she is not allowing me to leave the country for my new job. She does not want to join me but decline the offer. She is dam argumentive, Shouting, Her voice is too loud and violent in each and every instance and most important she can go to any level once she loses her mind including crying and abusing on the street and neighborhood. All try has failed in past 30 months and I have learnt to live with her by now. It’s time to go abroad for my new job and u must understand by now that I can’t go alone without her coz she won’t allow. I am processing her documents like passport etc. She is very selfish n got a habit of lavish life style. I know I am taking trouble with me abroad as she will create lots of problem for me there on life style front.


I cannot live same life style in abroad due to budget constraint which may lead to more confrontation. Can you please suggest me how to protect myself from her false allegation now itself. She is best eligible candidates for DV n 498a and I am just buying a time for her every day by following her will.



List of suggestion please…. 


 2 Replies

reunion2   27 April 2015

Hi Kabir.

I am not a lawyer i am a SE as you are. My situation was same that my life was misrable with her in last 3 years and i also thought as my H1 is processed i will leave her in India and work and relax in USA. But this is not as simple as it look. The time you start working in USA she will file a Divorce or maintance case. She will make your parents life misrable more than urs. i suggest to first close the chapter here then only plan to gp to US.

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     27 April 2015

Sir, Its better you make all recordings of her behaviour to be on a safer side, make sure you show a good time with her and keep a photographs if the same despite what she is doing to use them for urself in futures if required, talk to her about the things going on ..... Take maximum precautions for yourself and your family members who you think she can drag to the court by making a recording of the good time with family members and all ..... Warm Regards Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query