The Centre for Law Society, Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) is organizing a national-level essay competition in collaboration with the Chambers of Ratan K. Singh and under the able guidance of Padma Shree Prof. UpendraBaxi. The competition aims to provide a platform to students to express their views on various contemporary issues having socio-legal implications.Participants are expected to appreciate the correlationbetween the complexities of the society and the objective of crafting an effective law.
The theme of the competition is “New Legal Paths for Seeking Social Justice”. The following sub-themes have been identified as requiring academic consideration in the Indian context:
- Reconsidering Socio-Economic Parameters for Defining Caste
- Securing Rights Conducive to Social Change: Third Gender Rights in India
- Escaping Persecution: National Register of Citizens as a Measure to Counter Illegal Immigration?
- Era of Land Reforms: Balancing Industrial Development and Agricultural Interest
- Challenging the Leviathan: Sedition Law in India
- Death By Incarceration: A Limitation on the Term of Punishment
- Domestic Violence Laws: More Misuse Than Use
- Freedom of Expression v. Religious Sensitivities: Are Blasphemy Laws the way out?
- Is the soft law vehicle of CSR sufficient for domestic corporates to discharge their responsibility towards the society?
- Should MNCs be held criminally responsible for human rights violations?
Fore more details, find the enclosed attachment