LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr Ramesh Yadav   16 July 2023

Given statement changed by Investigating officer in a complain against police officer

Please guide what can I do against police officer and what IPC will be applicable.

In a complain against investigating officer his superior Officer investigated the case. He called me to record my statement regarding my complain and recorded in details but latter on he started to pressurise me to change my statement.
when I asked for my statement copy through RTI act 2005, I O himself changed my statement and provided me fabricated statement copy without having my signature on that copy through assistant commissioner of police ( RTI officer).


 2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 July 2023

If the complaint has not been properly recorded, and also you have a copy of your complaint with you, you may just wiat for the police to file the charge sheet, if you find that the statement and the complaint has been altered against your original complaint, you can file a petition before the trial court under section 173 (8) cr.p.c. for reinvestigation and to suppoprt your petition you can file the original complaint's copy as well as the information obtained through RTI act. 

Dr Ramesh Yadav   16 July 2023

Sir, I want to know where I can complain against investigation officer for changing my statement or not

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register