Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

reshma   27 June 2015

Girls right to fathers property in andhra pradesh

Hello,

we are from Andhra pradesh, My Grand fathers had 5 children, 2 sons and 3 daughters, i.e.,first 2 daughters and then 2 sons and after 1 daughter, all born before 1965. my dad was the youngest son. 2 of my aunts got married in  1970's and yonger aunt got married in 1983. my grand father was expired in 1991 and my grand mother was expired in 2013. they did wrote any will. now we have to divide our property. our grand parent had a house and paddy field. house registered under both my grand parents names and paddy field registered under only my grand fathers name. now we had some questions

we belong to hindu family and the propert was my grand fathers own earned. 

i know that according to act 1956 girls had  share in mothers property,(i understood that my aunts had share in my grand mothers property that is house) coming to paddy fields, i know that  according to NTR act 1986 girls had equal share in both fathers and mothers, does this mean the women born or married before 1985 also had equal share in fathers property also?  please convey in simple words 

whethr my younger aunt who married in 1983 in andhra pradesh had right in pady field field or nor acc to ntr act 1985??

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register