Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Girlfriend in life, no curelty to wife:Supreme Court

Page no : 2

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     29 September 2010

Polygamy and polyandry should both be allowed. Polyandry exists in India [since the days of Mahabharata] .Why be IMMORAL secretly?

- AGREED TO YOU AND FULL SUPPORT TO YOU.

1 Like

I AM SURPRISED TO SEE THE HEAD NAME OF THE THREAD; - 'GIRLFRIEND IN LIFE  NO CRUELTY TO WIFE - SC'

I HAVE GONE THROUGH THE JUDGMENT. IT IS SAID BY THE SC, THAT, 'GIRLFRIEND IN LIFE  IS CRUELTY TO WIFE', BUT NOT AS PER THE STANDERED OF THE CASE OF 498A, WHERE THE WORD 'COERCION' IS USED. 

'GIRLFRIEND IN LIFE  IS OBVIOUSLY A CRUELTY TO WIFE', BECAUSE SEC 13, HMA PERMITS  IT AS A GROUND TO DIVORCE. 

THEREFORE WE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT, 'GIRLFRIEND IN LIFE' IS A CIVIL CURELTY, BUT NOT A CRIMINAL CRUELTY.

AM I RIGHT, LEARNED ADVOCATES? 

1 Like

(Guest)

Homo S- e -X uality and lesbianism are legal in India now. So if the GF is a lesbian and the wife a bi s e x u al then its pure fun.

(Guest)

Note: No need for the parliament to strike down 498A as IPC has sections [many] which cover more aspects than section 498A. Moreover their are many criminal Acts which surpass section 498A. Supreme Court can strike it down through a Judicial Review or maybe declare ultravires of the constitution in the Constitutional Bench.

BONDGAL2010 - I DO AGREE WITH YOU.

1 Like

sivani (engineer)     04 October 2010

@Aishwariya, Soon, the laws will say that a prostitue can stay in the house and no problem and on top of it she can claim maintenance also but all this will be only in paper as in the indian law even for a wife to get maintenance is near impossible and even if she manages it will be a paltary sum which will most likely less than what she would give to her servant while living with her husband.  That is the state of our country.

Want Kid Back (Sr.Management)     04 October 2010

:P

WKB

(Guest)

I do agree with Mr Prabhakar... Evrione misread and misinterprete the law laid down by the Supreme court... Hon'ble Supreme Court held that Girl friend is not relatitive of husband in the terms of word used in section 498-A IPC.... so she cant booked under sectin 498-A IPC....

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     18 January 2011

actualy, the heading of the news creats confusion.

perhaps to make the news funny such heading given.

INTERPRETATION OF SEC 498A IPC BY SC IS -

AS THE GIRLFRIEND NOT RELATIVE OF THE HUSBAND, THEREFORE SHE CAN NOT BE ATTACKED BY 498A IPC.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     18 January 2011

GIRL FRIEND IN LIFE, NO CRUELTI UNDER SECTION 498A OF IPC.

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     18 January 2011

agree with arup ji , it is not a cruelty amounting to criminal offense under sec 498a

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register