LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

venkatesh s   29 December 2022

Girl eligible for maintenance

Divorce case is contested girl is asking for maintenance and alimony , She stayed only for the period of 45 days and she went away now filed a case for DV and alimony .Whether we have to pay alimony or maintenance Doubt : Whether she is eligible to get temporary and permanent alimony she stayed only for 45 days ?

I heard that if the girl should be eligible to get alimony she should have stayed for minimum of 1 or 2 years is it true ?

Learning

5 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     29 December 2022

Since she is your legally wedded wife she is entitled receive maintenance; the alimony is not based on how many days she stayed with you though process of divorce may seek time duration. In nutshell you have to pay maintenance and alimony settled by court.

Shashi Dhara   29 December 2022

Issue notice  to perform marital rights and conjugal rights and submit in court or in mediation you are ready to live with her ,if she contest defend in court.

Anubhav Tyagi   29 December 2022

She will be filing more cases to harass you so that ultimately you pay some final settlement amount for divorce including, HMA 13(1) ia, 125 CrPC, Section 12 DV Act and FIR u/s 498A.

Check out my video on IPC 498A me FIR kaise register hoti hai? FIR in Dowry cases 

You need a good legal strategy for coming out of the situation.

Ramu   30 December 2022

Don't get scared of this Fake feminism.. Were few girl use law to there advantage and make business out of it ..

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     02 January 2023

What is the status of the girl? How you are related with the girl? Are you been only living together, was there any domestic relationship?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register