LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Animesh Kumar (Research Analyst)     09 August 2013

Gifted land (Inam) and no mother deed available


I am buying a flat a in a gated community in Bangalore. This builder has joint developement with the Land owner and it is a BDA approved property. Per the legal records this is a Inam land which was futher sold. However there is no record in Tahasildar office as it was back in 1951. The letter from the office states "records destroyed". 

In the meanwhile the Landowner reached court and there is a partition filed between 6 brothers off which one of them has this joint development. Do you think there will be questions raised in future for selling this property as there is no mother deed. Should I invest here?


 1 Replies

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     10 August 2013

Link document is must   for any property either Revenue records or registered documents. Inam land you apply with survey number in th Revenue office concern whether land is Inam land or Government  land, under R.T.I. Act, 2005. Partition suit is filed and compromise Decree is obtained amounts to fraudalent ,if Parties to suit are not having title to the Property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads