LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dasd (student)     30 November 2010

gift v/s clubbing

in my family there r 4 demat a/cs -(1 of my mother,1 of my father,1 of my grans ma, 1 of me) .of the above i have to mtain only 1 a/c(either my mother /father/my).others i have to close b/c of amc or other mtance. problemsi have no earning as such but my father/mother/grandma has taxable income.wht strategy should i adopt so tht it becomes tax free?

grandmother's shares----(as a gift to me or my father) since relative(as per income tax act in sec 56(2)(vii)).

mother's shares -----to me

fathers share --to me

whether any clubbing provisions apply since i am major son & there r no clubbing provisions regarding major son in the act?

but if my father transfer to my mother there wil be clubbing provision.

consisdering all permutation &combination give me the best advice.pls see the file attached.pls reply it's urgent

Learning

2 Replies

dasd (student)     01 December 2010

Originally posted by :dasd
"
in my family there r 4 demat a/cs -(1 of my mother,1 of my father,1 of my grans ma, 1 of me) .of the above i have to mtain only 1 a/c(either my mother /father/my).others i have to close b/c of amc or other mtance. problemsi have no earning as such but my father/mother/grandma has taxable income.wht strategy should i adopt so tht it becomes tax free?

grandmother's shares----(as a gift to me or my father) since relative(as per income tax act in sec 56(2)(vii)).

mother's shares -----to me

fathers share --to me

whether any clubbing provisions apply since i am major son & there r no clubbing provisions regarding major son in the act?

but if my father transfer to my mother there wil be clubbing provision.

consisdering all permutation &combination give me the best advice.pls see the file attached.pls reply it's urgent
"

pls reply it's urgent

Vineet (Director)     24 December 2010

get all shares gifted and transferred to you. No clubbing, no transfer, no capital gain.

As you are major without any taxable income, you will get all the befits of basic minimum non taxable income.

Ifyou want to split incomes between non income earning members, gift your shares to your mother. Your grandma and father can gift their shares to you. let your gift preceed, gifts from father and grandmother to avoid any suspicion on indirect gift to your mother.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register