LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

imran khan (engineer)     05 December 2012

Gift settlement deed (hiba)

we bought 40×50 land in 1980 ,the previous owner has given my mother gpa rights to sell,construct,transact .he has also given his old mother deed . we have paid betterment charges,taxes to bbmp and also the A khata is registerd in my mothername . i would like to how do i register this to my name , can we do a hiba (special provision for transferring property to chldren under shariat for muslims).


Whats the procedure to do Gift Settlement Deed (HIBA), cost involved,maximum time needed to do  and since i will be applying for a bank loan should i get the khata and tax details updated to my name ? is Gift Settlement Deed (HIBA) a valid proof for sale deed registration ?


 1 Replies

ahmed (document writer)     05 December 2012

dear imran 

    yes Gift Settlement Deed (Hiba) is valid under the mohammedian law and in also indian law and in the recent verdic of the SC the Gift cannot be cancalled after completion of the gift its means taking over the possession and acceptance of the gift i think Now Bankers will consider the GIft Deed for the loan in the past the banks ignors the gift doecument beacuse of the Gift can be cancalled at any time and you are liable to sell or transfer the said proeprty by way of gift 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register