Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venkatesh (Engineer)     24 August 2009

Gift settlement deed.

Dear Sir,

My mother-in-law made marriage  gift settlement  deed in favour of  her daughter on past 10 years. while settlement the deed Donor given complete ownership to donee , and not going to do/touch anything on setteled deed without knowing donee., but  recently Donor revoked gift deed without knowing donee.

what she(Donor)  has done , is it legal (or ) not?

Please let me know u r suggations on this to move ahead.

Thanks,

Venkata Ramana Murthy.

Learning

21 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     24 August 2009

But please tell first is the gift deed registered or not, since it involves immovable property.

Immovable property and  registered in the favour of her daughter.

If the deed is registered, the donor has got no right what so ever to revoke the deed.

Thank you for immediate response.

But Donor(Donee's  Mother) went registration office and revoked herself in few days back.

now Donor is looking on the records.

let me know the procedure, how to cancel revoked registration?

Thanks,

The donor cannot revoke the gift deed unilaterally, kindly clarify is it a gift deed or a will

Will can be revoked at any time, if she had executed a will and now revoked it now it is perfectly legal for her to do it.

It is a gift deed.

Donor revoked unilaterly .

If it is a gift then it is absolutely illegal for the donor and also for the SRO who revoked the deed without going into details of the original deed which was registered.

Thank you.

However, only on a perusal of the original gift settlement deed further advise can be given.

Ok fine.

Donee asked sub-register,  He said that just cause of not mentioning irrovakable word while settling your mother in favour of you.

so , Is it valid reason as per law said by Sub-Register?

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     24 August 2009

The Cancellation of  Gift  Deed is illegal and you can represent before the Same SRO for restoration - he may not respondn and restore the orignal Gift Deed - after sonetime you  can fiel  W P  in High Court  of AP - agaisnt  the SRO  for direction that SRO has no rights  to Register a  Gift Cancellation Deed- unilaterally -

1 Like

Thank you very much Sir.

Usmani (Sys. Engg)     11 October 2009

Originally posted by :Y V Vishweshwar Rao
" The Cancellation of  Gift  Deed is illegal and you can represent before the Same SRO for restoration - he may not respondn and restore the orignal Gift Deed - after sonetime you  can fiel  W P  in High Court  of AP - agaisnt  the SRO  for direction that SRO has no rights  to Register a  Gift Cancellation Deed- unilaterally -

"

Same thing happened with me also pls. update me what happened !!, i think SRO won't any right to cancel gift deed unilaterllay...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register