Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S K SEHGAL (Prop)     26 May 2014

Gift of father to son

Hello ,

My father is 87 yrs old and one house property is free hold in his name he wants to transfer to me (Son)

i am the only son and i have two sister. But my father willingly wants to transfer this property in my Name so please guide what to do according to the law. 

Regards

S K SEHGAL

Learning

5 Replies

manoj (none)     27 May 2014

SIMPLE, MAKE A WILL OF YOUR FATHER IN FAVOUR OF YOU. AND REGISTERED IT  AT THE REGISTRAR OFFICE IN CIVIL COURT. AFTER HAVENLY ABODE OF YOUR FATHER , PUT THE DEATH CERTIFICATE AND WILL TO THE MUNICIPAL OFFICE OF YOUR CITY. AND REQUEST TO THE AUTHORITY TO REGISTER YOUR NAME IN THE YELLOW CARD . 

MANOJ KUMAR SRIVASTAVA

VARANASI

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     27 May 2014

If your father wants to transfer his property in favour of you during his life time then go for registered gift deed, but if he wants to transfer after his demise then make a registered will .

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     27 May 2014

1. If he is agreeable to transfer his property in yiur name during his life time, then he can execute and register a Gift Deed in your favour,

2. If he wants to transfer the property in your name after his demise, then he can write and register a Wiil in your favour.

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     27 May 2014

Dear Mr Sehgal,

If the property is self acquired by your father by his own earnings only then the Gift deed made by him in your favour is valid Please note.

In case the property is ancestral one he only can gift you his portion of that property as this will have undisputed shares of your sisters also.And only after taking a relinquishment deed from other share holders of the property it can be transferred in your name through a family settlement deed.

For further legal assistance on nominal charges, you can contact me on below mentioned address and Phone number, Please call after Court Hrs to get a suitable appointment date and timeing.

Advise, always take assistance from an experienced and well educated Advocate of the field. You can see my credentials on this very site for my appraisal.

Anand Bali & Associates

204-B Nanda Devi Apats

Plot-19, Sec-10.

Dwarka, New Delhi-75

(Near Dwarka Sec-11 Metro St.)

Ph:  09582144748

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 May 2014

A registered gift or settlement deed by your father in your favor during his life time will be the best solution for the time being or you may ask him to execute a Will bequeathing the property in your favor by getting the will duly attested by two witnesses,subsequent to which, Will coming into force, you can avail of the properties.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register