LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S (S)     08 November 2014

Gift deed validity period

If a person receives a property through registered gift deed, till what time limit the person can apply for his name to be added to 7/12 extract?

In this case a person has produced gift deed registered 47 years ago. Will this gift deed be considered valid or invalid? why? & under which acts?


 7 Replies

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     09 November 2014

Dear, Yes, gift deed valid for whole lifetime. Adv kapil chandna,9899011450
1 Like

Dalip Singh (Advocate)     09 November 2014

Gift deed is as good as sale deed.  It is a valid document vide which you become the owner and is a valid document of title of your property.

1 Like

S (S)     09 November 2014

Thanks for your replies ! Goijg further.. if at the time of doing gift deed, property's 7/12 extract listed only donor's spouse's name (who was dead at the time of doing gift deed) & donor's name was not mentioned in 7/12 extract. In this case is the gift deed considered valid?

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     09 November 2014

Gift once accepted by donee it is for infinity.

2 Like

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     09 November 2014

once you accepted the gift that is for life long validity. there is no doubt

1 Like

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     11 November 2014

Though the registered gift deed is valid, but if you do not enter in the 7/12 record, the title will be defective.  First you have to check up the 7/12 record and see whether anybody has entered into it.  If nobody is entered in it, atleast now you have to give an application Revenue Division Officer (Superior to Tahsildar) for inclusion of your name.  There may be some late fee and penalty. 


In case somebody name has been entered in the 7/12 record illegally, you have to challenge the same with the above Revenue Divisional Officer and simultaneously you have to file a title declaratory suit against the person named in the 7/12 record and all concerned and get it decreed by civil court.  For furter clarification contact me 7893011777 or

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 November 2014

Consult a local lawyer  along with the papers related to your query, discuss the issues at length and proceed as per his further advise.

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query