LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MASTHAN (Self employeed)     01 January 2013

Gift deed of mother

1. Five years ago (During initial day of my career , when I got job), I have taken personal loan from the bank and I purchased land and I registered the same on my mother and fathers name (equal share to each of them).

2. Recently my father passed away.

3. We are three kids to our parents.

4. Now I am planning to build a house in my land by taking loan from the bank.

5. Bank will give loan to me only if the respective property registered on my name.

6. Now at this stage, is it good enough  if my mother gives the same land as a GIFT DEED to me? Does this GIFT DEED needs to be signed by my brothers also?

7. Actually my father has two wifes and first wife has one son and he is staying away from our family from the last 20 years.  20 years ago, my father bought a house and the same is registered on his first wife name and they are living separately and there is no finaicial relations between us . Is there any possibility that he creates any problems to us in future about this land?

Thanks,

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     01 January 2013

since the said land was purchased from the money borrowed by you. if you have proof of the same then you may put your claim and ask for 100% ownership of your fathers share in the said property.

your mother may gift her share to you without any problem.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

MASTHAN (Self employeed)     01 January 2013

Hi Rohit, Thanks for your reply. 

1.My father passed away , only my mom alive now.

2. If my mother gives mes GIFT DEED then that is applicable only for her 50% share. IF I wanna get the my father 50% share also, then what I need to do?

Thanks,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register