FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RamGopalVarma (director)     19 May 2014

Gift deed for part of the property

Hello Legal experts

I need your advice on a particular matter of Gift deeds from Family. Here is my requirement. 

I bought an agricultural land in the outskirts of Bangalore along with my brother. The title has been registered only on his name while I paid half of the money for that purchase. This was in 2008. Now I would like to have a legal document which gives me the ownership of half of that property as I have paid half of the money. I would like to know what is the best way to gain ownership on my half of the property.

I was thinking about getting a gift deed from my brother. Can a gift deed be done for only part of the land ( half of the land ) ? 

I think Gift deed is the most tax efficient way to get ownership than a co -ownership document. Is that correct ? 


Are there any other ways I can have ownership of half of this property ? 


Looking forward to your replies and advice. Many thanks in advance !

Thank you 







 2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     19 May 2014

Go for regd., rights relinquish deed for the half portion.

ramgopalpadala (Document Writer)     10 August 2014


you can make a Gift deed for that half portion.


Ramgopal Padala.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query