LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Urmila Ghildiyal (Faculty)     21 August 2013

Gift deed

Dear lawyers

My father wants to gift me a flat which is self acquired property. Its a flat and there is a room built on its roof. he is paying house tax of that too. My bhabi is staying there for past more than 12 years. I lost my brother about 9 years back. Can my bhabi challenge this gift deed? if yes on what ground? How can my father give me this property without her challenging and creating trouble in future for me?

Pls advice as soon as possible.

Thank you.


 4 Replies

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     21 August 2013

Your Bhabi will have a right for equal share in the self acquired property of your father because she is the wife of a pre deceased son and she is class 1 legal heir.
1 Like

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     21 August 2013

Self acquired property of your father he has right to Gift Flat to you  and you will get absolute title over the Flat.

1 Like

Urmila Ghildiyal (Faculty)     21 August 2013

thank you for reply.

bud can she have equal right on the gifted property also?

Urmila Ghildiyal (Faculty)     21 August 2013

but sister in law is staying in the room which is on the roof for more than 15years

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query