Gift deed

My father has gifted his self acquired house to me . My mother wants to give share to my sister . For this pupose she herself wants to get entire property or part of it.

Gift deed is registered . Witness was from my lawer. I want to know that can some one challenge gift deed in court on any ground like they were not informed or I pursuaded my father to do so. My father is alive and he can take any step to make such attempts invalid . Is he supposed to tell my sister or any body else that he has gifted his property to me? Shall he give a notice for general information in local/national new paper about gift? Pupose is to avoid future litigation by challenging the gift on any ground by my mother/sister or any body else.

Please advise.



Your father is absolutely entitled to gift his self acquired property to anybody as per his wishes.  He need not inform or need not get anybody's permission to execute a gift deed.  The only requirement for its validity is that it needs registration and it must be atttested by two witnesses.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x