LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

diogodias92 (diogodias92@yahoo.com)     05 August 2011

Gift deed

I am adopted child from 1970 to this family ..As they dint have any child .. My father who adopted me ..as there were no one to take care of my Father and mother I and my husband moved here to take care of my parents

My father has giving his part of his share of the house to me as i looked after him As a GIFT DEED .. now he is still alive but he is old he is 101 years but his brother son wants to challenge my gift deed ... My lawyer has said not to worry but today one of my relation said it can be because I am not from this house

I have no idea what to do next I would like u to help me by advising me what shall i do next 

Learning

5 Replies

Nagaraja kumble (Advocate)     05 August 2011

Information provide by u is incomplete.

1) What does it meen that your father is giving his share to you in the property?

2) Is that property is self owned or not?

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     05 August 2011

your father can gift his share to you, your brother's cannot challenge the gift deed, even if he challenged he wont get success.  He is entittle to claim his share in his father's share, if it is ancestral property.

Nagaraj kumble; My father and mother has giving their part of share to me as a gift  deed .. But his brother son wants to challange

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) ; Thank you very much .....

Shastri J.K. (Practice in The High Court of Chhattisgarh)     06 August 2011

I agree with Adv. Rajeev.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register