IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shyam lal   30 March 2023


Their is a registered WILL of a deceased morther pertaining to her self aquired property where in she has Diveded the property into equal shares between her living siblings
.As on date the mutation of property in question has not been done in the Mumnicipal records.inrespect to the will.

Quaery is one of sibling wants to gift his share to his daughter..is it legal to do so..


 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 April 2023

The property has not been partitioned among the beneficiaries.

They first have to draw a partition deed, get it registered and get them mutated accordingly after which the individual can transfer his share of property as per his or her will and wish.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query