LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sameer (dsg)     18 April 2022

Getting rented property vacated

Hello Experts,

I will be grateful if anyone can help with the below query:

My father is having a commercial property (Shops) in Rajasthan Distt. Sri Ganganagar and he had rented it around 6 years back. Last year my father lost his life to COVID. As my sister is a doctor, she wants to open a charitable clinic in the above-rented shop. So we had requested the tenant to vacate the shop. For the past 2 months, the tenant is giving false excuses to vacate the shop and intentions seem to be negative only. Please suggest how we can proceed to get possession of our property back.


Thanks in Advance.


 3 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     18 April 2022

You have to file eviction petition before Rent Tribunal against tenant on ground of personal bonafide necessity of rented shop.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 April 2022

Issue legal notice under section 106 of the Transfer of Properties Act, 1882 through a local prudent lawyer for determination of tenancy and handing over peaceful vacant possession with outstanding rent, damages, mesne profits (if any).

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 April 2022

Bonafide requirement of the landlord or his family memebers is a ground for seeking eviction.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register