LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit Patel (businessman)     01 June 2016

Getting mobile call record

Dear sir,
some one has filed a false fir of assaulting him and now case is in court. 
i am using a private mobile service provider (TATA) . I need my a particular day & time mobile call record n location during that time.
how can i get it? someone suggested me that private mobile service provider come under TRAI, so under RTI can i get it n produce in court.


 4 Replies

Ashesh Trivedi (Accounts Officer)     02 June 2016

In my Knowledge, You have first of all file FIR & after getting FIR Copy you can ask Private Mobile provider to give your Calls & messages Details.


G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 June 2016

"I need my a particular day & time mobile call record n location during that time."


t is simple. As a consumer and as per TRAI guidelines you have a right to seek your phone call records (Your name, your number alone) from any service provider.  You have to give application to the local customer care center and pay nominal fees.  This has to be done as expeditiously as possible, before the data is deleted, as they delete data periodically.

siddharth bhagat (Business)     25 June 2016

Service provider does not come in rti. Just aply in simple application to Tata. You can ask to trai via rti that is mandatory to give such information to consumer ? Specialist in rti. Fill free to ur rti query.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 June 2016

The way is stright and direct.  Simply file application seeking that detailed call data providing dates and pay fees to your service provider through customer care (Do not confuse yourself with RTI, CP Act, TRAI) etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query