New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinu (executive)     22 August 2012

Getting evidences

Can any one tell me how to get a discharge summary of a person from a private hospital? Is there any legal procedure for this? This is needed to support a Dv case running.


 6 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     22 August 2012

Court may direct so to the concernd authority.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     22 August 2012

1. Discharge summary of a patient are confidential records.
2. Only via S. 91 CrPC one may; that also after getting it allowed from a competent Court which may summon such confidential records.



Endorse the views of Tajobs.

1 Like

Vinu (executive)     22 August 2012

Thank you tajobs.

Naveen Kumar (service)     22 August 2012


Sec 91 of Cr.PC states as follows

(1) Whenever any Court or any officer in charge of a police station considers that the production of any document or other thing is necessary or desirable for the purposes of any investigation, inquiry, trial or other proceeding under this Code by or before such Court or officer, such Court may issue a summons, or such officer a written order to the person in whose possession or power such document or thing is believed to be, requiring him to attend and produce it, or to produce it, at the time and place stated in the summons or order.

So how can an individual get such information, wat's the procedure

dr.pawan rajyan (member and secretory)     23 August 2012

tajobsindia is right

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads