LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghavendra (1)     30 May 2016

Get back passport

Dear Experts

After 3 years stuggle, recently i got Divorce order under Mental cruelty from family court. 

Now i am going to face the trail of 498A case. Already i got an favour order from DV maintenance case with stating false allegation filled by my EX. Also she took my passport and important Documents from  my home when  we were live jointly. But after getting divorce i spoke with her to return back all the certificates, passport and documents. But she didnt retrun back my passoprt and certificates and documents.

I had an Mail evidence of she kept my passport and documents.

Is there any way to get back my passport and certificates from her to file any case? if so, what are the cases? cany anyone guide me please?


 2 Replies

jaig   30 May 2016

This is a very weird situation, 498A is one thing, but wife taking away passport is completely different. You mean it is not the police or court who seized or took the passport, but your wife in your absence ... this is sheer theft !

I would file an FIR for lost passport, and complain to police for this. Lawyer can give better opinion. But at least you can file FIR for lost passport and reapply.



Mr Jaig's reply is to be followed by the author.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register