LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunder Sunder (Famer )     07 October 2021

General power of attorney

My son has a empty land and he is not in city but would like to give me GPOA for all the government registrations, buying/selling etc I would like to get POA in my name. Kindly let us know the procedures.

1. What is the value of stamp paper we must use for this GPOA.

2. Should this be notarized so it has a legally valid.

3. Any one who is based in Chennai can do this service and the charges.


Hope to hear from you 

 3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     07 October 2021


Stamp duty and registration charges differs from state to state. In Maharashtra you will have to pay the stamp duty and registration charges @ 7% of the property value. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 October 2021

Registration of GPA executed outside India is also done at the offices of the Sub-Registrar. GPA executed outside India can be prepared on plain paper and executed before and authenticated by Indian Consulate / Embassy or Notary Public. The GPA is then sent to India to the GPA Holder. The GPA Holder has to visit the sub-registrar office with the GPA for registration. The executed GPA has to be presented to the Sub-registrar along with original documents along with copies showing proof of residence and proof of identity of the GPA Holder. Two passport size photographs and two witnesses who should also have proper identification are also required for registration of GPA.

Sunder Sunder (Famer )     08 October 2021

Can we not have a GPA without registration at the Sub Registrar's Office ? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query