New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anuska (self employed)     09 January 2012

General girl married to sc boy

I am a girl from general catagory.I am married to a boy who is from SC category.I have also changed my name through avvidavit and adopted the title of my husband after marriage.Now I want to know if I can apply for SC certificate.Am I eligible for reservation under SC category after receiving SC certificate?


 10 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     09 January 2012

no.Caste is by birth, not marriage.


Anuska Ji,

If all general category girls get the reserversation like this then real SC girls will not get even a single job.

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     10 January 2012

no u can not get the sc certificate and the reservation in sc catagory

A.VIVEK ADVOCATE (ADVOCATE)     13 January 2012


Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     14 January 2012

If the people of your husbands' community accept you as their member by way of dining,interacting,and if you accept the social customs, you can approach the tahsildar of your area for a scheduled caste certificate because of your merger in the community. This system is in vouge in Tamilnadu only.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     16 April 2012

Posted by Account deleted

Real SC girls will not get a single job. Is that all? SC girls are not getting SC husbands. SC boys want only upper caste girls and upper caste boys do not want SC girls.


Dear anuska

You can get marriage with Sc boy.

You may change your surname.

But you cant get SC certificate.

Govt. rule your childerns will be entitle to get Sc cetificate if they desire.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     17 April 2012

Please see the post of Mr. Sudhir Kumar in the following:


Also see my reply to him.

salil bhardwaj (Business)     18 April 2012


As far as i know, you may get the leal SC certification only in the states like Tamilnadu and andhra pradesh.

Moreover, as far as the benifits of SC reservation is concerned, i do not think that this can be taken legitimate at every public sector opening.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     18 April 2012

Please also see the attached Supreme Court judgment.

Attached File : 763337054 child of intercaste marriage.pdf downloaded: 68 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads