Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

janardhan bikkina (farmer)     07 May 2015

Gas lekage fire accident

Hi Respected forum,

I am srujana d/o late Penetanna rao kommina, needs help regarding gas lekage fire accident. My father had struggeled for 21 days in the hospital and expired due to HP LPG cylinder lekage.

Lekage happened due to improper rubber val fittting for new fully loaded cylindar.

Request you to let me know the process of claiming gas insurance or is there any process to claim compensastion for my family livlyhood. 

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Srujana kommina.

Learning

3 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     07 May 2015

Search google for "LPG gas cylinders come with Rs. 40 lac insurance cover " for you to get some ideas of  recourses available. It seems to depend upon whether you were using " authorized " accessories or not.

advocate nitin kumar (lawyer)     07 May 2015

so sad to hear about your problem i am deeply regretted.

HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE

1. was your gas conncetion valid ?

2. was your cylinder that exploded brought from the proper gas agency   ?

3. were you using the proper regulator, burner and pipe supplied by the gas agency ?

4. did the delivery person fitted the cylinder or some one from your family did it ?

5. and lastly did you called the emergency number of gas agency when you smelled gas or caught fire ?

if answer to all the question is yes then you can file a suit against the gas agency for supplying the defective cylinder and claim for the dmages suffered by you and expenses done on the treatment of your father.

you can also settle your claim with the gas company but as far as my experiance says such case are always decided in the court.

so i would advice you to approach the local lawyer, file a suit as soon as possible and claim the damages.

and yes mr hardeep said it right that our LPG conncetion comes with 40 lakh insurance cover but 99% of us do not know about that.

but the advantage with filing suit for damages is that you will get 40 lakhs + the expanses done by you on medical and re settlement.

hope that helped. be strong may god help you.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 May 2015

advocate Mr. Nithin Kumar has come out with some queries and solutions thereon which may benefit you.  Consult a local lawyer instruct him with the help of the tips given here and proceed with the desired legal claim case. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register